Every class from Robins to Snowy Owls receives two PE lessons per week, usually comprising of one indoor and one outdoor lesson.
Within our PE lessons we aim to:
- find ways to actively engage all children in moderate to vigorous physical activity for the majority of every lesson, a minimum of 75%
- provide plenty of opportunities to practice the skill or concept being taught that day. Our quality programme will provide many practice opportunities, sometimes alone, sometimes with a partner and sometimes during small sided games in groups
- plan lessons so that youngsters of all abilities have high rates of success. When children, particularly unskilled pupils experience success, they are more likely to continue practising and working to improve than when they fail continually
- promote successful learning experiences in a warm environment in which children are encouraged to practice new skills and improve their fitness levels without feeling embarrassed
- make sure all our classes are as much fun as possible so that children enjoy and look forward to PE, both at primary and when they start at secondary school.